PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF SALE. BY INDICATING THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE CONDITIONS, YOU ENTER INTO A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT.
The following conditions of sale apply to the sale of iBGStarTM (the "Device") and to the sale of any accessories to the Device (each an "Accessory") and/or of any software pertaining to the Device ("Software") (the Device, Accessories and/or Software being hereinafter sometimes referred to as the "Product") by sanofi-aventis Canada Inc. ("Sanofi Canada", "us", "our", "we") located at 2905 Place Louis-R.-Renaud Laval, Quebec, H7V 0A3, to you (the "Buyer", "You" or "Your") over the Internet via the STARsystemTM website located at starsystem.sanofi.ca (the "Website"), including our policy pertaining to refund and exchange, which is also available on the pages of purchase/shopping cart.
1. Orders: We may limit quantities available for sale or sold, and we reserve the right at any time to reject or correct any order for any reason whatsoever. Advertisements on our Website are invitations to you to make offers to purchase products and services on the Website and are not offers to sell. Your properly completed and delivered order information constitutes your offer to purchase the products referenced in your order. You will be provided with an opportunity to verify and correct information you entered prior to placing your order. Your order will be deemed to be accepted only if and when we send a confirmation of the terms of your order to the email address you have provided at the Cart section of the website starsystem.sanofi.ca and will be subject to these Conditions of Sale and the additional terms and conditions included in your order, which together will form a legally binding contract.
2. Product Description:
3. Capacity: To place an order to purchase the Product you must be a Canadian resident of at least 18 years old and have a valid accepted credit card.
4. Delivery Date: The anticipated delivery time for your order is that indicated when you place your order. Should the Product be unavailable at the time of your order, message on Product availability will be on the Website.
5. Price: Prices that are posted on the Website do not include applicable taxes on the Product and the delivery charges as per applicable laws and regulations. Taxes will be charged and added on the invoice per applicable laws and regulations. Unless otherwise indicated, all prices and other amounts are in Canadian dollars. We reserve the right at any time to modify the price of the Product. All orders are payable in Canadian dollars and shall be payable in one full payment at the time when the order is placed via an accepted credit card.
6. Method of Delivery: Products shall be sent by messenger to the Canadian address You have provided at the time of your order.
7. Delivery Charges: Delivery charges, if applicable, are not included in the price of the Product and include preparation, packaging and shipping fees. Applicable delivery charges are specified at the time you place your order and included on the invoice. Delivery charges are subject to applicable taxes, as per the applicable laws and regulations.
8. iBGStarTM Warranty: In addition to any applicable statutory warranty, Sanofi Canada grants at no additional cost a five (5) year from the date of purchase of the iBGStarTM a personal and non-transferable limited warranty. Your iBGStarTM is covered for a 5 year period from the date of purchase. The warranty does not apply if the iBGStarTM has been modified, tampered, altered, or misused. Under this warranty Sanofi Canada will replace, free of charge, your iBGStarTM if it is defective. To report a defective iBGStarTM, you must contact the Customer Care Centre toll free number: 1-888-852-6887. Except for statutory rights, no other warranties, express or implied, are made. You will be automatically registered for the warranty once you have finalized your purchase on-line. Sanofi Canada expressly disclaims any other warranties on iBGStarTM.
9. Refund Policy: All purchases of the Product are refundable within thirty (30) days of purchase. This 30-day refund policy does not apply if the Product has been modified, tampered, altered, or misused. To obtain a refund, you must contact the Customer Care Centre toll free number: 1-888-852-6887 within thirty (30) days of Your purchase date of the Product. Your refund will be processed once You have returned the Product in the same condition as when You purchased it, with all manuals and accessories. Shipping and handling ("S&H") charges are non-refundable. The same card used to make the purchase will be credited to process the refund.
10. Exchange Policy: If there is a shipping error from our part or if your order has been damaged during transportation, You must contact the Customer Care Centre toll free number: 1-888-852-6887 within five business (5) days of Your receipt of the Product. We will provide You with free shipping arrangements to return the Product and we will replace the Product free of charge.
11. Limitation of Liability: To the full extent allowed by law, Sanofi Canada's liability shall not exceed the total amount paid by Buyer for the Product. In no event shall Sanofi Canada be responsible for any indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages or losses including, but not limited to, lost profits, lost business revenue, lost opportunity or third party damages. These limitations on Sanofi Canada's liability shall survive the termination of this Agreement irrespective of the manner or method in which it is terminated.
12. Privacy Notice: In purchasing a Product, you are providing Sanofi Canada with your personal information, on a voluntary basis. The personal information we collect includes the following information: name, address, email, telephone number, credit card information. This information is collected and maintained, if needed for the purposes detailed herein, in a computerized database by third-party service providers of Sanofi Canada solely for processing the transaction, providing you relevant customer service, registering your 5-year warranty on the iBGStarTM, improvement of our Product and related services, as well as for the purpose of notifying of promotions offered by Sanofi Canada regarding the Product and/or related products and services. The database is only accessible to employees, agents or service providers of Sanofi Canada for whom the information is needed in the performance of their duties ("Authorized Sanofi Canada Representatives"). In order to ensure the security and limited access to your personal information, Sanofi Canada has put in place appropriate safeguards. The collection, use, and disclosure of information contemplated herein may involve a transfer of the information to jurisdictions located outside your country of residence that may not have equivalent laws and rules regarding personal information. The reasonable contractual measures we may take to protect personal Information while processed or handled by these third-parties are subject to applicable foreign legal requirements, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries. By providing us with personal information You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of this personal information as detailed herein and, if You are providing personal information concerning another individual, You represent to us that You have obtained the consent of this individual for such purposes to the extent required by law. In some cases, it may be that the personal information will be rendered anonymous and used in an aggregate manner with other data to obtain anonymous statistical data permitting us to improve our products and services. To the extent provided by applicable federal and provincial privacy legislation, You may request access to the file containing your personal information and its rectification, require us to delete your personal information – in which case, we will no longer be able to provide you with the warranty and related services. You can obtain more information on our privacy practices, by contacting the Customer Care Centre toll free number: 1-888-852-6887.
13. Governing Law and Forum: These Conditions of Sale and all related matters are governed solely by the law of the Province of Quebec, without reference to its conflict of laws provisions, and the applicable federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically excluded. Any dispute arising from, connected with or relating to these Conditions of Sale will be submitted to the courts of competent jurisdictions of the District of Montreal, Quebec, and You hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those courts.
14. General: If any provision of these Conditions of Sale is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the provision will be deemed to be severed from these Conditions of Sale and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. These Conditions of Sale enure to the benefit of and are binding upon each of Sanofi Canada and its successors, assigns and related persons, and You and Your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, permitted assigns and personal representatives. You may not assign any rights or obligations that you have under these Conditions of Sale. Sanofi Canada may assign its rights and obligations under these Conditions of Sale without Your consent. No consent or waiver by any party to or of any breach or default by any other party in its performance of its obligations under these Conditions of Sale will be deemed or construed to be a consent to or waiver of a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party or effective unless in writing and signed by all parties. The parties have expressly requested and required that these Conditions of Sale and all other related documents be drawn up in the English language. Les parties conviennent et exigent expressément que ces Conditions de vente et tous les documents qui s'y rapportent soient rédigés en anglais. Any rights not expressly granted by these Conditions of Sale are reserved to Sanofi Canada.
15. Questions: Should you have any question concerning these Conditions of Sale, You can contact the Customer Care Centre toll free number: 1-888-852-6887.
Call to speak with a knowledgeable Sanofi specialist or visit the FAQ section for more information.